Friday 17 November 2006

Amidst the morning mist…

Cycling amidst the morning mist…
What I saw, I would like to gist …

I had to halt at the railway crossing…
with nothing else to do while I wait, took a note or two to sing…
Observed the movement of people around…
their face expressions .. and in my thoughts, heard their blurring sound …

At morning seven …
People out on their way ..
Some to jog,
Some to their job,

In no minutes the road was full …
Vehicles.. people…children… the vehicular smog …
And the small clutter of talks …
And in the crowd, while just observing
There was a guy ahead of me busy spitting ..
Which annoyed the people around .. and it did make me carry a smile ..
Yet Another one busy smoking ….
Seems everyone had some purpose …

Was just wondering ..
With the fresh new morning …
When people should be happy and fresh
why was there no smile on peoples face…
All seemingly in some rat race….
Forgot to put smile on their face ..
Forgot that the reason they were working for was to see another smiling face …
With their preoccupied selves, no one cared to carry a smiling face …

The train appeared…
Smoke … whistle …. Kicks of scooter …
All were ready waiting for the train to disappear
And thence resume their journey to their destination…

So also did I .. from there … to resume to my cycling …
Leaving behind the train of thoughts … to what I saw there …
Back to the world which I knew and care….

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, u seems to be little Arundhati... god of small things...
u wrote it perfectly...

keep it up...

chinmai said...

thanks him bhai..