Saturday, 28 June 2008
say no to plastics..
lets do our bit by reducing our wants of using and wasting plastics unnecessarily .. and spread this message to as many as possible..
It would be nice to get a feedback of the count in my comments section of how many people were spread this message or sensitized to... ( to whoever lands on this page unknowingly or is a regular visitor of this page.. )
Tuesday, 17 June 2008
( and all the more if the wavelength of the other person dosent match much with you ( or if one is not too comfortable with the other person))
what makes us laugh .. that other person has made mistake and you are not the only one ... or what ...
Saturday, 14 June 2008
More often then not Tags come and act as fillers .. anyhow here is the tag completed..
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge the person who tagged you.
Hmm.. badi mushkil se ye book khatam kiya .. Pg 123 didnt have anything substantial to quote so I took liberty to change it to pg 148 and the last of 3rd sentences from that page is what i ve taken here
Name of the book: Letters to Sam , A grandfathers lessons on Love, loss, and the gifts of life By Daniel Gotlieb
( Crossword had put it in best seller section - but some how I was hardly impressed . As written in the last page of this book Royalties from sale of this book are being donated to cure Autism now and other children's charities. - so in case if u wud like to do a little charity u can buy this copy - otherwise the book can be skipped.. )
Here are the lines :
"Groopman realised that as he accomodated the pain, it persisted. And the more he accomodated, the more it demanded.
I think many of us do this with our tigers. If the tiger is fear of rejection, we might not get into an intimate relationship. If the tiger is depression, we might stay home more and socialize less. if its insecurity, we might devote our lives to appearing more productive than everyone else, just to hide that tiger."
(Could coorelate with the above quote and hence posted it but I would like to add one more from my diary . )
I ll post a quote I like a lot .
- To laugh often and much
- To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children
- To earn appreciation of honest critics and endure betrayal of false friends
- To find the best in others
- To leave this world a bit better by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition
- To know even one life has breathed easier because you ve lived.
This is to ve succeded
Anyone who wishes to update their blog page is humbly requested to take up this tag..It wud be nice to read variety of answers..
Thursday, 5 June 2008
How important it is to know what the Indian constitution says and do what it takes to prove a better citizen but hardly anyone would be recalling it...
here it goes.
Article 51A of Indian constitution mentions the Fundamental Duties of Indian Citizen
It shall be the duty of every citizen of India –
1) to abide by the constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National flag and the National anthem
2) to cherish and follow the noble ideals which inspire our national struggle for freedom
3) to uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India
4) to defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so
5) to promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all people of India transcending religious linguistic and regional or sectional diversities; to renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women
6) to value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture
7) to protect and improve the natural environment including forests, rivers, lakes, wild life and to have compassion of living creatures
8) to develop the scientific temper, humanization and the spirit of inquiry and reform
9) to safeguard public property and to abjure violence
10) to strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavour and achievement
Tuesday, 3 June 2008
Now this is becoming a space to vent out goofings.. yet another one and this one was really funny..
C is to take a lecture to the freshly recruited batch, next morning at 10.30 on a designated topic (which got designated to her just around 6pm).
The lecture to the batch is to start at 10.30am at ground floor conference room.
Few minutes before the presentation time, C checks for the setup. C was not aware where the wireless keyboard and mouse were kept apart from the console to control projector and stuff.. so C goes to the reception counter and gently asks the receptionist ( hence forth called R1) of the same ..
(both the receptionist R1 and R2 are engrossed in some talks before I barge into their conversation )
here goes the conversation…
C: hi, I’ve a presentation in this conference room . I ve to present “slides” so I would like to get the set up of projector, wireless keyboard and mouse done .
R1: tell security nah.. (half listening.. not interested in what C is talking as C had disturbed her from some hot topic both R1 and R2 were discussing… )
C: perplexed.. ‘security’ ??
R1: yeah .. tell security he will do it
C still stands there not understanding why for IT set up she has to talk to security ( or was it that security was that smart )..
R1 : arre tell this lady in grey sari she will also do it ..
C is still standing ..and wondering and more confused.. what and how would security people know about how to set up projector and keyboard and stuff..
R1: go that lady standing there, she will help you. ( by this time R1 is tired of instructing C !!)
C: ( so confused still) approaches wondering what and how she should explain that security wali lady to get the set up of projector etc done ready for her presentations so that she understands my wants and gets done with my requirement …
Though C in her mind knows the result and doesn’t want to converse at all with that lady but R1 from remote is watching ;) so C makes effort and goes to security)
C: I want to present a lecture , Pls get the projector and keyboard in place..
Security lady : what ?? huh.. i dont get u!!
C is like where in the world have I landed ( C feels like banging her head)
C is looking around for some instant relief and luckily C spots HR guy .. C immediately leaves that lady behind ( that lady is also perplexed what language I talked her into!!) and C follows the HR guy who’s walking towards R1.
( so this conversation again takes place near the R1)
C: hey V, I have a presentation here in ground floor conf. could u pls get the required set of WIRELESS KEYBOARD, MOUSE and PROJECTOR done for me ( C is now tired of explaining her wants)..
V: hmm .. ok ..
Meantime R1 is also hearing C and V’s conversation and barges our conversation to share her knowledge….
R1: o ok u want to present a lecture I will call chacha..I thought u wanted to get “switches” on..
(Chacha was the IT guy handling/managing all those equipments..)
So while I was talking of presenting “slides” ( inturn meaning a presentation) R1 in her own mind understood my saying as “switches” instead of “ slides” and hence was continuously pointing to the security .. because security ofcourse knew where the “switches” were to lit the conference room.
There was no end to laughing at the whole encounter and events that took place..